Game: Bright Memory – Episode 1
Available Platforms: PC
Price: $6.99 (USD)
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Action, First Person, Shooter, Melee
Developer: FYQD Personal Studio
Release date: Nov 15, 2018
Hello and welcome to Jay’s Game Reviews! Today I am reviewing FYQD Personal Studio’s Early Access Action game Bright Memory – Episode 1.
Bright Memory is a First Person Action Shooter that mixes gun play elements with magic and sword art. The game is full of monsters that each have a weakness and it is up to the player to find and exploit that weakness.
- Beautifully rendered. This game, created with the Unreal Engine, is pure art. The level of detail combined with gorgeously designed characters and worlds are something to marvel!
- Plethora of enemies. This game is loaded with unique creatures and monsters all of which have a weakness to exploit. Some have shields, some fly, while still others are just freaking huge and can take a beating!
- Long list of skills. As the player you will have a ton of skills and abilities at your disposal. From an EMP type blast that blasts the enemies back to a simple bullet to the skull. You can do a simple slash with your blade or perform an electrified ground pound that will send enemies flying across the screen!
- Combos. Players can use the large variety of abilities to juggle monsters in the air building up massive kill combos.
- A fun and interesting story. If you take the time to read it (or listen if you understand Chinese) you will experience a fun story about a war between the ancients and modern science.
- Controls. Playing this game as I did with a mouse and keyboard is a massive undertaking. There are so many button combinations that it makes playing the game with anything resembling skill near impossible.
Bright Memory – Episode 1 is a terrific shooter game with a nice element of beat em up style fighting mixed in. The game is a steal at only around $7 USD and a fun, addicting masterpiece that keeps on giving. The graphics alone really make this game stand out and I highly recommend it.
Does this weeks game sound fun to you? You can pick up Bright Memory – Episode 1 yourself over on the Steam Store and kill all the things!
I Rate this game 92 out of 100
Check out my First Impressions video below: