Game: Bad Dream: Fever
Available Platforms: PC
Price: $9.99 (USD)
Reviewed on: PC
Genre: Point and Click, Horror, Puzzle
Developer: Desert Fox
Release date: Nov 15, 2018
Hello and welcome to Jay’s Game Reviews! Today I am reviewing Desert Fox’s Point and Click game Bad Dream: Fever
Bad Dream: Fever is a Point and Click, Horror style Puzzle game from developer Desert Fox. Fever shows a world that is being infested with ink and the player must try to figure out why and try to fix it. Fans of Bad Dream: Coma will recognize the way that puzzles can sometimes be solved unconventionally. For example: In Coma; players needed to cut out a drawing of the moon, and place it in the sky to make it night time.
- A nice story. Like Coma, Fever offers players a fun and creepy story to follow as they try to figure out how to stop the spread of the ink plague. Who is the strange woman in the plague doctor mask? What it the deal with the robot that stops player’s progress? You’ll have to play and find out!
- Challenging puzzles. Fever is a game full of puzzles that players have to solve to move forward. Most of the time players will have to think WAY outside of the box to solve the riddle. Like cleaning ink off of a map in order to unlock a location.
- Simplistic design. There is something to be said for games that only require players to point at an object and click it. It is a very simple concept and players of any skill level can do it. You don’t need to be a great gamer to play this game and you don’t need fast reflexes either. Just point, and click!
- Interesting world and art style. Bad Dream: Fever features a wold loaded with artistic backgrounds. Each screen comes to life with drawings of clowns, buildings, lakes and dead people.
- No Direction. Players will often find themselves stuck and unable to progress. This comes from a lack of instruction on what players should do to proceed. This can frustrate most players and cause them to step away from or give up entirely on the game. Sometimes you just need to click everything and hope that something happens!
- The Run around. A lot of the things the player must do in this game involve going to a place, getting a thing and returning. Then later the player has to return to the location for a second or more time for additional items. Fetch quests are rarely enjoyable.
Bad Dream: Fever is a great point and click game that you can complete in a day. I found it to be fun and entertaining for the most part. With a price tag of right around $10 USD it is not too expensive and good for people who like puzzles that make you think unconventionally.
Does this weeks game sound fun to you? You can pick up Bad Dream: Fever yourself over on the Steam Store and solve the puzzles too!
I Rate this game 77 out of 100
Check out my First Impressions video below: